Monday 4 August 2008

It's so quiet in here...

I can't believe it's so long since my last post. I have played quite a lot but not finished much, or certainly nothing I was particularly happy with. But the other day, after messing about with ink and glue for many hours and drawing a blank, I saw a stamp on the web that was a grungy wildflower silhouette on a distressed background. It hadn't really been inspiration that had been the problem but I pushed the laptop aside and dashed to the table where I'd already (almost) tidied everything away. This card was one of those that kind of makes itself while you're not looking. The main stamp is one of my very favourites. The 'buttons' down the side are made with the same inks and stamps as the main image but I've glazed them with Glossy Accents. I think there is still a little too much black space and there is a dodgy bit of background stamping, but at least I felt I'd made something by the end of the day.




4 comments:

Lesleylynn said...

Jo
Thank you for your kind comments about my work,I'm ashamed to say I've only just noticed it!! I never imagined that anyone would find it let alone be interested!!
I too love Glenda's work and since I have an unexpected free week (see my latest entry!!) I may be able to have a guilt-free play...

craftimamma said...

I love this card Jo. The colours against the black are stunning. I don't think there is too much black space. Anything else would overwork it in my humble opinion.

Lesley

Deborah said...

I'm new to blogging and the joys of blog hopping. Found you via Glenda's blog. This card is amazing!
Deborah

Deborah said...

Jo, thanks for your comment on my birds. I got them from here:
http://www.digitalcollagesheets.com/nature.htm. They are downloadable pdfs and are $3.50 a sheet.
Deb