Friday 2 January 2009

First Christmas card of 2009

Nothing like starting early!

Last year I couldn't wait to make something that wasn't a Christmas card as soon as the season was over. This year I still have so many Christmas stamps and materials I didn't get the time to use that my engine is still running. So I thought I'd make a few cards and put them away for next year.

I've been intrigued recently by all the good results that have been achieved by using browns and blues together. Lynn Robinson-Hunter is a real master of this. So when I decided my blue card needed a touch of colour round the edges I took a deep breath and followed her lead.


The flourish greeting and background flourishes are from Inkadinkado's Winter Trails. The Snowflake and star are from Elusive Images' Angel and Trees. You might just be able to make out in the photo a couple of touches of the clear Stardust pen. Oh, and the ink used for edging is Antique Linen Distress.

3 comments:

craftimamma said...

Ooooh Jo, this is lovely. And I have those stamps, don't I? You're right about adding the brown. These two colours look so soft together but whilst blue can look a bit cold on it's own the brown warms it.

Beautiful!!

Phree said...

This is so pretty, glad to see I am not the only one mad enough to still be making Christmas things!

InkyArtitude said...

Your cards are lovely Jo! The combination of colour and Cuttlebug work really well together and that Reindeer stamp is gorg! Thank you for the link too! I'm still feeling Chritmassy, I think I'm way behind the eight ball this year and intend to use it to good benefit... as soon as I get my craft room tidied away (it's storing all the deco boxes at the mo) I'm going to set too and start for next Christmas. After all, you never know how long the momentum will last, do you?