After seeing the pictures of Elaine's stash for our current Quartet Challenge, I felt inclined to work on something a little more 'loved up' than is my usual style.
I used image transfers of roses and collaged sheet music along with pieces of newspaper to create a background for something I haven't quite decided on yet. At that point I came across Rachel's tutorial for a shabby rose. She had made the loveliest newspaper roses and I decided I just had to have a go. This was the result of my efforts. If you look carefully you'll see the petals are made from the lonely hearts columns! Rachel had edged her original roses with glitter but I thought that would be too heavy for the newspaper ones so I just ran a Stardust pen round the edges of the petals. It doesn't seem to have caught the light in this picture.
The flower was really easy to make and I'm already thinking of variations I want to have a go at. Whether that background will ever see the light of day is another matter.
Christmas Old and New
10 minutes ago